We are currently looking for a passionate and analytical Network Engineer to join our IT support team in Stockholm, Sweden, a part of Spotify Global Workspace Services. The team maintains and supports our offices in EMEA from an infrastructure perspective and we look forward to adding more members to our collaboration efforts. In this team you will take lead on the network operations to make sure your co-workers can work seamlessly and without interruptions.
Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- You will be responsibility for office infrastructure in EMEA, including VPN tunnels, firewalls, switching, WiFi and Client VPN.
- You will collaborate with other talented engineers to diagnose, resolve, and prevent network issues.
- You will manage administration of our systems such as log management and monitoring.
- You will help grow the team with collaboration, processes and workflows.
- You will train Support Engineers in network troubleshooting and resolutions.
- Oversee network implementation for new office builds.
- Work closely with Spotify’s network engineering team.
Who you are
- You have extensive experience in this role or equivalent practical experience
- You have worked with some of the following vendors: HP, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Cisco, or Opengear. We are using a mixed tech stack and it’s important that you have multi-vendor experience.
- You have strong work experience in the network engineering field, preferably with a similar, high tech, high energy company, using agile development methodologies.
- You have a solid knowledge of TCP/IP.
- You love to improve workflow efficiency and explore the latest automation solutions in our industry, if not developing them yourself!
- It’s a plus if you have worked with monitoring and centralised management solutions for network environments such as LibreNMS, RANCID, Cisco Prime, Panorama or similar tools.
- You have experience managing both wired and wireless networks.
- You have a strong understanding of Linux and working in the terminal.
- You’re creative, curious, eager to learn, and you quickly pick up on new trends and technologies.
- You are pragmatic and understand the trade-off between the perfect solution and the working solution.
- You are analytical and don’t shy away from problems to which you don’t have an immediate answer. You aren’t afraid to admit when you don’t understand something and you ask for help when you need to.
- You are a team player with a customer service mentality and actively collaborate with people around you to find solutions to problems.
- You naturally want to document your work and spread your knowledge and learnings with others.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.