Spotify’s engineers are creative problem solvers focusing on building a fantastic music and audio listening experience for millions of our end-users and artists. They work together in autonomous teams that are responsible for their missions and independently identify, prioritise and solve the problems they face. If you are great at teamwork and also know how to design simple, efficient and testable software, then you’re the one we are looking for!
We are looking for a C++ engineer to join one of our podcast team in Stockholm. The cross functional team is responsible for engineering podcast mobile features for Android and iOS platform, developing podcast functionality for our shared C++ library and building the backend services needed by the mobile features. Since the team is focused on mobile features, we would like you to be “T-shaped” and have experience in either Android or iOS engineering, so that you can from time to time help out on the client side.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to Spotify’s shared C++ library powering audio streaming in our iOS, Android and Desktop clients
- Contribute to the engineer of Spotify’s Android or iOS app that bring the joy of music and audio to millions of users
- Collaborate closely with other T-shaped engineers in the team to architect, build and scale podcast features.
- Write clear, maintainable code that will scale across a number of projects and distributed development teams
- Become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team.
- Work from our awesome office – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live there.
Who you are
- You architect, design, develop and maintain C++ code in symbiosis with a handful of other languages
- You are able to write clear, modular, maintainable code that will perform on many platforms and devices
- Have experience in building and publishing Android or iOS applications. You are experienced with a variety of frameworks of one of the platforms and know how to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Java or Objective-C.
- End-user experience, high quality, agile values and modern engineering practices are what drives you
- You have been working for a couple of years with software development and probably have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent such as Electrical or Physics Engineering
- You have strong written and spoken communication skills in English
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.