Spotify’s engineers are creative problem solvers focusing on building a fantastic music listening experience for millions of our end-users and artists. They work together in autonomous teams that are responsible for their missions and independently identify, prioritize and solve the problems they face. If you are great at teamwork and also know how to design simple, efficient and testable software, then you’re the one we are looking for!
About The Role
We are looking for C++ engineers for our Playback team in Gothenburg. We focus on the infrastructure required to power the signature Spotify music player experience. Here’s some of the stuff we are working on:
- Continuously integration to the shared C++ library powering audio streaming in our iOS, Android and Desktop clients
- Streaming audio efficiently over the Internet
- Using Big Data and machine learning to improve users’ playback experience
- Enabling low latency playback even in the most challenging network conditions
- Making sure offlining tracks works reliably and intuitively
- Ensuring quality through automated testing
- You architect, design, develop and maintain C++ code in symbiosis with a handful of other languages
- You are able to write clear, modular, maintainable code that will perform on many platforms and devices
- You have an interest in either audio or networking, or both
- Cooperation with others while solving complex problems is natural for you and you really want to make a difference
- End-user experience, high quality, agile values and modern engineering practices are what drives you
- You have been working for a couple of years with software development and probably have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent such as Electrical or Physics Engineering
- You have strong written and spoken communication skills in English
You would work from our awesome office in Gothenburg. If you don’t already live here, Spotify can help with your relocation.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.