We are looking for a broadly experienced Music Programmer to join Spotify’s global Music team in New York. You will identify and curate first rate music playlist listening experiences for a multitude of our kids and family offering and demonstrate a passion for performance-oriented analytics. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Identify and substantiate content hypotheses for specific audiences and different segments.
- Be part of a global team of Content specialists specifically working to make Spotify a better experience for our youngest users.
- Curate and maintain a large number of playlists, for a global audience
- Review catalogues of music across a multitude of genres and evaluate programming potential
- Stay up to date with trends and culture within the Kids & Family segment, and translate them to compelling music propositions
- Using quantitative and qualitative data, analyse and understand consumer behaviour.
- Create fun and creative content themes and concepts tailored for Kids and families.
- Working with our Global Editorial Team, and other cross-functional teams in the company, to progress towards various content objectives
- Work from our office in New York reporting to the global Programming Lead, Kids & Family.
Who you are
- You have previous experience from working in the music, media or entertainment industry
- You have experience programming content (i.e. video, music, apps) specifically targeting younger audiences.
- Passionate about all kinds of music – from a wide array of genres, styles and eras
- The ideal candidate speaks at least two languages fluently. Chinese, Japanese and Spanish are particularly interesting.
- Previous experience in Gaming or from a Kids/Family app developer is valued highly.
- Ability and willingness to work with and respond to data and analytics. Ideal candidates have experience from using Insights/Analytics tools and dashboards (i.e. Tableau) in their day-to-day.
- Strong propensity to take initiative and thrive on change
- You care about attention to detail and organization, have a team spirit, strong work ethic, and a friendly, warm attitude
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.