We are looking for a Mobile Engineering Manager (Mobile Chapter Lead) to join the CREAM tribe in New York. The tribe focuses on building out promotional platforms to monetize Spotify’s mobile clients. In this role, you’ll primarily work with our Ad Products Product Area based in New York.
As a leader in this part of the organization, technical leadership and a background in software development is important to be able to challenge and grow our engineers. However, the Chapter Lead role is people-first rather than technology first. Your primary responsibility is to the people on your team: ensuring that your team members are growing as engineers, performing well, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at Spotify. You’ll work together with other leads to build strong teams, provide technical leadership, and ensure we have a world class engineering organization. You’ll also have plenty of opportunity to work across the larger organization on different challenging projects.
What you’ll do
- Work with engineers to grow their technical, interpersonal, and leadership skills, and ensure they have the right challenges and necessary context to make use of them.
- Build and manage a team of mobile developers focused on monetizing Spotify’s mobile clients
- Participate in discussions about software architecture
- Advocate and advance modern software development practices within the team (CI/CD, test automation etc)
- Help develop and evangelize great engineering practices across all of Spotify
- Work closely with teams, product owners, agile coaches and other stakeholders to ensure we deliver world-class promotional products and platforms
- Work with the recruiting team to attract, hire, onboard and retain diverse top talent
- Collaborate with other managers in leading the CREAM tribe
Who you are
- You are experienced in leading, coaching and mentoring software developers.
- You have excellent communication skills with which to build relationships, trust, and respect, and are able to leverage this to grow people and the organization.
- You love developing and growing people.
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about current Android and or iOS development best practices.
- You have demonstrated strong leadership skills while working with engineers.
- You are excited about making culture choices that positively impact the team.
- You have familiarity and experience operating in complex tech organizations that work with a product that handles users at scale, making use of agile methodologies and tools.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.