We are looking for an Engineering Manager to drive the Advertising engineering practice in our New York office. In this role, you will be instrumental in growing the team and guiding mobile development to successfully scale. You will help us to create a user-first ad experience that’s personalized and relevant so we can grow to billions of fans, increasing engagement with our listeners and providing better value to our advertisers. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Develop a team of engineers through coaching, mentoring, and management support
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineering teams, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems across our marketing platform
- Participate in engineering technology architecture discussions for product development and advocate better development practices (CI, testing, operational efficiency, etc.)
- Grow the technical expertise of your team around quality, scalability, performance, and fault tolerance using state of the art tools
- Work closely with the recruitment team to hire and onboard engineers
- Work from our office in NYC and be occasionally willing to travel to other Spotify offices
Who you are
- You love developing and growing people and organizations and have a track record doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about mobile development
- You are experienced with leading, coaching, and mentoring individuals and teams
- You have large-scale mobile experience in an agile development environment
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.