Do you have a passion for creating innovative new mobile experiences in a research-led environment? Are you excited by the prospect of building the most advanced knowledge graph in the music industry? Would you like to be part of an upbeat team working to impact the future of Spotify?
We are looking for a creative, passionate Mobile Engineer to help us build a new suite of crowdsourcing products. You’ll be driving this initiative from scratch, to help us tap into the enormous pool of expertise that resides within our millions of users worldwide. Based on the knowledge that you’ll help us develop, you’ll support the release of new products and content experiences for music fans around the world.
As a Mobile Engineer, you’ll work with an interdisciplinary team of engineers, researchers and designers who all share a passion for making Spotify the most complete and accurate platform in the music industry. Your work will have a direct impact on both the consumer and artist experience at Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Work directly on the official Spotify apps, creating new views and experiences for users to explore the rich information about our catalog
- Collaborate closely with researchers, engineers, product designers, and product owners to perform experiments and ship new ideas
- Take operational responsibility for the components that you write
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product owners and designers
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with challenging tasks to solve and the freedom to acquire new skills in hack time, reading groups, lectures and a variety of internal training courses
Who you are
- You have at least 2 years of industry experience working as a mobile engineer
- You care deeply about mobile user interfaces, never settle for mediocre results, and are excited about the opportunity to work on one of the largest mobile apps in the world
- You are passionate about writing high-quality code
- You learn quickly, and enjoy working closely together with your product team to bring value to your stakeholders
- You have experience writing iOS or Android apps
- You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
You will work from our London UK location with occasional travel to Stockholm and New York.