We’re now looking for a Metadata Quality Manager to join our team in Mumbai. The Content Operations team at Spotify are responsible for the planning, management and ingestion of music, video and podcasts, and improving the user experience through metadata curation. Content Operations proactively and reactively monitor the catalogue to ensure all incoming content is in line with Spotify’s internal standards. We’re looking for a person that has a high degree of knowledge in music and technology in India, and the culture around it.
What you’ll do
- Ensure we ingest a high quality of content (metadata, audio, cover art, etc) from partners
- Analyse and curate content to adhere to our Metadata Style Guide
- Continuously improve processes, tools and documentation regarding curating metadata and handling infringement claims
- Analyse large data sets and report back both internally and externally
- Work cross-functionally with a range of teams at Spotify including Editorial, Artist and Label Marketing, PR, Licensing, Legal, Customer Support and R&D
- Communicate complex technical problems and solutions to non-technical internal and external partners in an understandable way
- Troubleshoot metadata quality related issues and escalate accordingly
- Work with our developers to improve and progress our catalogue management system.
- Coordinate a team of Metadata Quality consultants focused on local curation of the catalogue
Who you are
- You are fluent in English and Hindi
- You have at least two years of relevant experience in the music industry
- You have experience of supply chain management
- You have a strong understanding of, and an interest in, music, metadata and technology especially when it comes to music and culture in India.
- You can build strong working relationships with external providers
- You are capable of meeting tight deadlines and will be focused on execution
- You have a systematic approach to identify solutions
- You are adaptable, and a quick learner who thrives in a rapidly changing environment
- You are a multi-tasker, with excellent time-management and organisational skills
- You are a self starter, with the ability to take ownership of technical work streams
- You are analytically minded and competent to interpret complex data
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.