We’re now looking for a Metadata Curation Manager to join our team in New York. The Content Operations team at Spotify is responsible for the planning, management, and ingestion of music, video, and podcasts, and improving the user experience through metadata curation. Content Operations proactively and reactively monitor the catalogue to ensure all incoming content is in-line with Spotify’s internal standards.
What you’ll do
- Ensure we ingest a high quality of content (metadata, audio, cover art, etc) from partners
- Analyse and curate content to adhere to our Metadata Style Guide and Infringement Policy
- Continuously improve processes, tools, and documentation regarding the handling of curating metadata
- Analyse large data sets and report back both internally and externally
- Work cross-functionally with a range of teams at Spotify including Artist and Label Marketing, PR, Licensing, Legal, Customer Support and R&D
- Communicate complex technical problems and solutions to non-technical internal and external partners in an understandable way
- Troubleshoot infringement and curation related issues and escalate accordingly
- Work with our developers to improve and progress our catalogue management system.
Who you are
- You have at least two years of relevant experience in the music industry
- You have experience of supply chain management
- You have an understanding of, and an interest in, music, metadata, and technology especially when it comes to Latin American music and culture.
- You can build strong working relationships with external providers
- You are capable of meeting tight deadlines and will be focused on execution
- You have a systematic approach to identify solutions
- You are adaptable, and a quick learner who thrives in a rapidly changing environment
- You are a multi-tasker, with excellent time-management and organisational skills
- You are a self starter, with the ability to take ownership of technical work streams
- You are analytically minded and competent to interpret complex data
- You may be fluent in Spanish and/or Portuguese
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.