Spotify is the biggest and most successful music streaming service of its kind globally, giving you on-demand access to over 40 million tracks. We make it easier than ever to discover, manage and share music with your friends, while making sure that artists get a fair deal. Spotify is growing fast, now available in 78 markets globally with more than 200 million active users and over 87 million paying subscribers.
The core responsibilities as Marketing Manager involves driving the planning and execution of marketing efforts within the region. The role will deliver campaigns in line with global brand guidelines and the local marketing strategy. You will conceive, implement and analyse tactical and localised initiatives to grow Spotify across your region, as well as being the go-to representative for all marketing activities across the region.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing GSA, your mission will be to drive brand awareness and consideration in market, whilst facilitating increased user penetration locally. Experience in interpreting consumer trends, audience and data insights and translating into meaningful marketing campaigns is essential, as is the ability to translate highly strategic marketing bets into regional tactical executions.
You will work closely with regional cross-functional teams including the local Managing Director, Strategic Ops Manager, Comms, Social, Artist and Label Marketing, Editorial, Studios and Strategic Partnerships. You will be part of the Global Consumer Marketing organisation within the EMEA Consumer Marketing team. You will be based in Berlin, with occasional travel required within Europe and to the US.
Note that this is a fixed-term contract for a parental leave of 12 months.
What you’ll do
- Plan, execute and optimize marketing campaigns and initiatives in collaboration with external media agencies, creative agencies and internal partners, ensuring all marketing activity feels local, personal and delivers significant measurable growth.
- Work with cross-functional teams to drive local market bets that positively impact both business KPIs and brand metrics in the different territories.
- Create campaign retrospectives working closely with the Spotify analytics, media and insights teams, to uncover learnings that future initiatives and demonstrate ROI.
- Continuously monitor market performance to understand both consumer and competitor behavior including the overall Spotify ‘buzz’ and brand sentiment, sharing this feedback with all relevant business leads.
- Partner with Social Media manager to collaborate on social content calendar, ensuring consistent messaging and lines of communication between all stakeholders are kept open. Rights and clearances will need to be secured where appropriate.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to launch new evergreen content franchises for our always-on social channel strategies
- Partner with the Artist and Label Services and Editorial to develop content campaigns that are impactful for our industry partners and creators.
- Partner with the consumer insights team to schedule a regular cadence of brand trackers and consumer analysis, disseminating feedback with key stakeholders.
- Ensure all project tracking documents (eg. workback schedules, media plans, status updates, budget tracker) are current and clearly trace back to the campaign goals.
- Work closely with the growth/performance marketing teams globally to drive all facets of the consumer funnel.
Who you are
- An experienced marketer with minimum of 5 years experience working in consumer marketing, brand management or region/country management.
- Practical experience in marketing related products or digital services.
- Experienced in managing Social Media – for paid social as well as creatives.
You know the best practices for all common channels (FB, IG, TW, Pinterest etc) and how to use them strategically to deliver on objectives/KPIs
- Passionate about music and the digital music landscape, with comprehensive knowledge of local competitors as well as key music scenes, genres and artists.
- You will have demonstrated experience in tailoring global brands to local, domestic audiences.
- Solid understanding of the digital media industry with professional network of media, brands and potential partners preferred.
- You exhibit a proactive, collaborative attitude, with a passion for the Spotify brand and the ability to motivate and inspire.
- You are creative minded, strongly analytical and a confident communicator, allowing you to work cross-functionally and autonomously with multiple stakeholders in many time-zones.
- You are proficient in all forms of desktop publishing and/or G suite products.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.