As part of the Growth Opportunities team in the Freemium Business Unit, we are looking for a Senior Data Scientist focusing on Marketing Analytics that would be responsible for guiding Spotify’s marketing measurement approach and capabilities. As this role is the first of its type in the Growth Opportunities team the candidate will need to balance leadership and IC (individual contributor) workstreams. The Marketing Analytics Lead will report into the Consumer Insights Lead and will work closely with senior insights, marketing, product, and business stakeholders across the broader Insights community at Spotify.
What You’ll Do
- Lead strategic marketing experimentation initiatives; design test plans, obtain cross-functional alignment, execute robust analysis, and deliver actionable insights
- Drive strategic marketing investment recommendations, utilizing leadership and influencer skills to ensure alignment and action from stakeholders
- Collaborate with sister insights and analytics teams at Spotify, leveraging shared platforms, best practices, insights and innovations
- Establish learning and measurement plans in close coordination with other contributing team
- Support Marketing Strategy on medium and long-term planning initiatives
- Determine analytics support structure for our Content Marketing initiatives
- Engage with external partners to design and execute off-platform measurement and working with media agency partners on channel-specific measurement
- Interface with regional analysts and stakeholders around the globe
Who You Are
- You have 8+ years of experience in a marketing analytics and/or data science role
- You have strong analytical skills, including analysis and modeling of big data, statistics, A/B testing, and experimental design required
- You have deep understanding of a breadth of modeling techniques (e.g. regression models, causal inference in marketing and product launches, advanced Bayesian techniques)
- You have strong SQL skills and advanced programmatic expertise, like R or Python
- You have expertise in taking vague questions and crystalizing them into impactful experiments or statistical analysis
- You are effective at building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, with a track record of being able to influence without direct reports
- You have demonstrated success in delivering impactful insights to executives
- You have experience with measurement of traditional media (TV, out of home), digital media (search, display, social) or CRM (email, push notifications) [Bonus] Experience working with social sentiment and share of voice tools/data
- You have a deep understanding of KPIs in the technology space, including marketing, product and business.
- You have the ability to occasionally travel and/or work flexible hours to support a global team.
- You have experience working in a fast paced, dynamic and international environment.
- (Preferred) You have experience working with multidisciplinary insights teams (e.g., market research, user research, etc.).
- (Preferred) You have experience leading projects within large/complex organizations.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.