The Markets team is responsible for managing Spotify’s regions and their performance across all business-relevant metrics. Our team consists of regional Managing Directors and Market Strategy & Operation Managers (MSO), and we’re looking for an analytically-driven and open-minded character to support our efforts in the German speaking markets (GSA/DACH) in the role as the MSO Manager.
As the MSO Manager, you will be responsible for business analysis and insights, business planning, regional operating processes and managing cross-functional projects by building strong relationships across the company. In this position, you will work closely with local functional leadership and report to the Managing Director, Central Europe. The role will be based in Berlin.
What you’ll do:
- Working with the Managing Director, CE and functional leads to formulate local strategy for the German speaking markets in line with Spotify’s overall global strategy
- Owning and adapting the regional planning process and framework
- Ensuring that the plan takes into account all necessary local and global functions and addresses both local challenges and global priorities
Business Reviews and Reporting:
- You will be tracking the periodic performance of market important metrics
- Owning the process, framework, and output of market analysis and business reviews, tracking of regional budgets and initiatives as part of the business plan
- Monitor and gather insight on competitor activities
- You will drive the operating processes for the region by building efficiency, removing obstacles and improving processes
- Providing the functions with the insights and knowledge needed to drive decisions and define strategy
- Ensuring communication and alignment between all functions, including Content Operations, Payments, Finance, Ad Sales, Marketing, PR, and HR
- Support the local operation and office management
Problem Solving and Strategic Projects:
- You will be evaluating and executing on strategic market opportunities and identifying and solving operational problems
- Stepping in and executing alongside or in place of functions when needed
Who you are:
- You are passionate and have a deep understanding of the technology and music spaces
- You have 5-7 years experience in an early or growth stage internet company and/or top-tier management consultancy, and experience working with an international team
- Generalist skill-set that is equally comfortable analyzing data, coordinating internal events, speaking to partners, or negotiating a deal
- You are an organized, process-driven strategic thinker with an understanding of planning and budgeting
- You have proven results demonstrating thought leadership and business judgment, developing and interpreting deep data analysis and presenting rigorous analysis and insights with simplicity, clarity, and confidence
- Rapid and effective decision-making skills
- Ability to learn new concepts, technologies, and businesses quickly and to produce quality work in short time-frames
- Expert in data analysis, data modeling, Keynote/Powerpoint, Excel
- Outstanding presentation skills and ability to build concise and illustrative presentations
- You are fluent in German and English
- Genuine, confident, flexible, and fun attitude
- MBA preferred, but not essential
- You thrive from working in a constantly-changing but always-exciting environment!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.