At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love.
The Markets Business Unit is responsible for leading Spotify’s regions and their performance across all business-relevant metrics and we’re looking for an analytical, driven, and empathetic Market Strategy and Operations Manager (MSO) to support our efforts in the Southern & Eastern European (SEE) region.
As the MSO Manager, you will be responsible for business analysis and insights, business planning, regional operating processes and leading cross-functional projects by building positive relationships across the company. In this position, you will work closely with local functional leadership and report to the Managing Director (MD), SEE. The role will be based in Milan or Madrid with occasional travel.
What you’ll do:
- Working with the MD, SEE and functional leads to formulate local strategy in line with Spotify’s overall global strategy
- Owning and adapting the regional planning process and framework
- Ensuring that the plan takes into account all necessary local and global functions and addresses both local challenges and global priorities
Business Reviews and Reporting:
- You will be tracking the periodic performance of market important metrics
- Owning the process, framework, and output of market analysis and business reviews, tracking of regional budgets and initiatives as part of the business plan
- Monitor and gather insight on competitor activities
- You will drive the operating processes for the region by building efficiency, removing obstacles and improving processes
- Providing the functions with the insights and knowledge needed to drive decisions and define strategy
- Ensuring communication and alignment between all functions, including Content Operations, Payments, Finance, Ad Sales, Marketing, PR, and HR
- Support the local operation and office management
Problem Solving and Strategic Projects:
- You will be evaluating and executing on strategic market opportunities and identifying and solving operational problems
- Stepping in and executing alongside or in place of functions when needed
Who you are:
- You have experience in an early or growth stage internet company and/or top-tier management consultancy, and experience working with an international team
- You have a generalist skill-set that is equally comfortable analyzing data, coordinating internal events, speaking to partners, or negotiating a deal
- You are passionate and have a deep understanding of technology and music/entertainment spaces
- You are an organized, strategic thinker with an understanding of planning and budgeting, experienced in data analysis, data modeling, Keynote/Powerpoint, Excel
- You have shown results demonstrating thought leadership and business judgment, developing and interpreting deep data analysis and presenting rigorous analysis and insights with simplicity, clarity, and confidence
- You possess rapid and effective decision-making skills
- You have the ability to learn new concepts, technologies, and businesses quickly and to produce quality work in short time-frames
- Outstanding presentation skills and ability to build concise and illustrative presentations
- You are fluent in either Spanish or Italian and English
- You are genuine and confident, and enjoy working in a dynamic, constantly-changing but always-exciting environment!
- MBA preferred, but not essential
Please attach your resume in English.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.