Spotify’s global Strategic Marketing team is seeking a full time Managing Editor to oversee the day-to-day content production and operations of Spotify for Brands global website, guiding content strategy, creation and site production towards strategic objectives.
Spotify for Brands is a B2b global website designed to inspire and drive demand with its target audience of brand advertisers and marketers as well as media agencies. The Managing Editor role will be responsible for bringing Spotify for Brand’s narrative to life through an insights-first content approach, creating and guiding editorial pieces, a monthly newsletter, info-graphics, and video scripts. The right candidate has strong experience creating content from research, a strong editorial mindset and is able to craft storytelling that serves the needs of the audience while maintaining Spotify’s brand voice. Additionally this candidate can serve as the credible editorial voice of the channel, and ensure stakeholders are aligned with the content strategy, the localization process, and publishing cadence.
The right candidate is self-motivated, cool under pressure and excited to be part of a fast paced, highly collaborative team environment that aspires to create best in class work. Knowledge of the digital advertising landscape and exposure to B2b-focused content channels is a plus.
The role reports to the Global Director of Strategic Marketing.
What you’ll do:
- Editorial Calendar: Develop and manage the global Editorial calendar that supports digital engagement goals for this channel. Commercialize calendar with market leads to determine localization plan for translating relevant content. Ensure cross functional alignment with key stakeholders across B2b PR/Comms, Partner Solutions (Marketing), and Sales functions. Communicate and coordinate with project management to steward the delivery of content against the editorial calendar and project timelines.
- Content Strategy: Shape and inform the digital content strategy for Spotify for Brands.com and its monthly newsletter, based on digital engagement goals for 2019. Liaise with analytics and Salesforce leads to understand engagement metrics and learnings. Participate in a Cross Channel Planning process for all paid media campaigns and social pushes to define, plan and execute how Spotify for Brands.com content contributes to larger digital marketing campaigns in support of Spotify’s ads business.
- Content Development: Collaborate with PR/ Comms, research leads and product marketing to create insights-first content ideas that reinforce Spotify’s value prop and leverage an understanding of our connection to culture, unique audience data and relevant research. Brainstorm with our Creative Director and designers to develop ideas and creative approaches to content. Write digital briefs for freelance team of writers that are regular contributors to the site and edit their pieces. Write your own pieces as well. Collect and react to feedback from cross functional stakeholders and steward pieces through to final approvals. Ensure all content delivers on Spotify for Brands tone and voice.
- Digital Reporting and Actionable Insights: Liaise with B2b analytics leads and newsletter vendor monthly to understand how editorial content performs and utilize analytics and insights to inform content and publishing strategies. Publish a quarterly SFB.com scorecard to report on performance metrics.
Who You Are:
- A dynamic writer able to create compelling headlines, editorial pieces while also wearing the hat of editor and content lead
- You’ve consistently contributed to a positive work culture in past roles
- You are an excellent communicator and present your ideas clearly and with purpose
- You’re able to react and respond positively to feedback from various stakeholders
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to anticipate business needs and take action
- You demonstrate exceptional facility for creativity, ideation and a familiarity with the process of proposing and revising ideas to incorporate group feedback and priorities
- You’ve demonstrated consistent editorial judgement and possess strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- You are fluent in today’s digital media landscape, key trends, and challenges
- Team player
- Requirements include:
- 8+ years of experience editing, writing and producing digital content
- Portfolio examples that show a range of writing samples from taglines to editorial pieces to scripts.
- A passion and track record for great storytelling: strong instincts for recognizing a compelling story and identifying the elements that constitute best in class storytelling
- Experience working closely with research and insights leads as it relates to storytelling.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and prioritize workflow.
- Proven ability to influence internal stakeholders with well-crafted content strategies and ideas, backed by data.
- Proven ability to manage an editorial calendar in a cross functional team environment where several stakeholders participate in the process.
- Portfolio examples that demonstrate close collaboration with creative teams.
- Fluency in media publishing tools (CMS) as well as Google Slides, Keynote, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.