Spotify Internal Audit (IA) is looking for an experienced professional with a business analyst, engineering, and/or data science background to be part of the team executing our Internal Audit strategy.
We are looking for an individual with experience working with technology companies that are fast-paced, work in the cloud, and develop products that are used by millions of consumers globally. Ideal candidates will demonstrate a “system thinking” approach to risk management and problem solving and have an appreciation for the challenge of balancing between fast development and compliance requirements. You will work across our global organization to identify technology, business, financial reporting, and privacy risks and help manage the impact on the organization. You will participate in assurance and advisory projects within areas such as sales & operations, enterprise IT, data infrastructure, finance, financial systems, revenue engineering, content engineering, machine learning, security engineering, Spotify’s end user apps, and the internal technology platform.
This position is based in New York, New York, and will report to the Director, Technology Internal Audit. Some travel will be required.
What you’ll do
- Manage and perform the full lifecycle of internal audits, including planning, scoping, testing, deficiency confirmation, and reporting for audits that cover both business and technology risks.
- Identify and drive opportunities to use complex data analytics to discover and demonstrate risk areas, risk drivers, and challenge current audit methodologies.
- Provide guidance and support to internal stakeholders as they address control deficiencies or make significant process changes (e.g. implementation of new systems).
- Participate in risk assessment interviews and assist in the identification of high-risk areas and the development of dynamic audit plans.
- Understand the businesses you are auditing including their strategy, product lifecycle, associated business processes, technology, and related regulatory requirements.
- Build subject matter expertise in our different business processes, stay up to date on technological developments.
- Stay abreast of changes to regulations as well as internal audit best practices.
- Curious to learn new technologies and not hindered by rapidly changing and growing suite of software tools and practices.
Who you are
- You have a bachelor degree with a major in computer science, data science, management information systems (MIS), accounting information systems (AIS), or equivalent education/experience.
- You have experience working in the technology industry and/or with companies that develop software with a worldwide consumer user base. Experience with the music and entertainment industry is also a merit.
- You have experience with agile development methodologies, complex data sets, and data analytical tools, languages, protocols, and formats like SQL (BigQuery, Scala, or any other ANSI flavor will do), Python, GitHub, and Tableau is strongly preferred.
- You have experience with Google Cloud Platform, BigQuery, SaaS providers, and other cloud technology.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Analytics Professional (CAP),Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP), etc. are merits.
- You have other certifications such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Chartered Accountant (CA) qualification are merits.
- Experience working with multinational organizations is required; experience working with a SEC FPI is a plus.
- Consulting experience is a strong merit.
- You have demonstrated experience in project management practices, tooling, and managing multiple projects and tasks.
- You have strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills that allow interactions with team members and business partners.
- You are able to work independently and in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects.