The Manager of Technical Accounting has responsibility for reviewing proposed contracts and agreements, researching and offering various alternative and ultimate conclusions related to technical accounting matters. The role helps business partners make informed business decisions while maintaining accounting compliance. They will work with a diverse and cross-functional team, domestically and internationally. The position will also have responsibilities related to preparation of SEC reporting, reviewing stock based compensation accounting, internal controls, merger and acquisitions, analysis associated with other specific transactions and coordination with the auditors. This is a vital role to the company and will play a key role in developing and driving strategic decisions in the organization. The candidate will improve the company’s financial environment and processes and effectively help prepare and position the company to accommodate future growth, both organically and through acquisitions while continuing to develop world-class accounting and reporting processes.
What you’ll do
- The candidate should be well versed in the ability to research technical accounting matters and prepare well-written memorandums and presentations articulating these matters.
- It is critical that the candidate has excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and brings a hands-on style and the ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast moving company with a wide variety of strategic initiatives.
Who you are
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in public accounting working with SEC registered companies. IPO experience a plus
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and be an actively licensed CPA
- Experience with growth companies in high technology, music or entertainment industries.
- Candidate must have a strong knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS and SEC reporting. Experience should include advanced accounting concepts such as revenue recognition, business combinations and stock-based compensation.
- Must be highly proficient with MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.