A Manager of Technical Accounting plays a pivotal role in the accounting assessment and conclusion for some of the Company’s most complex technical accounting matters.
The role assists business partners make informed decisions around key commercial matters while maintaining accounting compliance. The role involves working with a diverse and cross-functional team, domestically and internationally. This is a vital role to the company and will play a key role in developing and driving strategic decisions and improvements within the finance organization.
The candidate will contribute towards developing world-class accounting and financial reporting processes and controls to effectively help prepare the Company for its continued future growth, both organically and through acquisitions.
What you’ll do
The position will involve working across a range of topics depending on the accounting and financial reporting needs of the business, including:
- Assessing accounting, operational and controls considerations related to the Company’s core licensing agreements for its music content (a critical part of Spotify’s business);
- Collaborating with key business partners across the business including FP&A, Legal, Licensing, R&D, Operations and Internal Audit, as part of the operational and technical implementation of new licensing agreements;
- Evaluating ongoing accounting compliance with the key licensing agreements;
- Build and sustain relationships with cross functional teams to ensure new contracts and contract changes are implemented efficiently and scalably to meet Spotify’s obligations to its licensors;
- Preparation of SEC reporting for the Company’s consolidated financial and individual statutory reporting for local entities;
- Analysing accounting and financial reporting considerations for complex accounting topics including; revenue recognition, leasing, stock based compensation accounting, potential merger and acquisitions, segment reporting, and other specific transactions.
Who you are
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in public accounting working with SEC registered companies;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and be an actively licensed CPA;
- Experience with growth companies in high technology, music or entertainment industries;
- Candidate must have a strong knowledge of IFRS or US GAAP and SEC reporting;
- Experience should include advanced accounting concepts such as revenue recognition, business combinations and stock-based compensation;
- Be well versed in the ability to research technical accounting matters and prepare well-written memorandums and presentations articulating these matters;
- Have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and brings a hands-on style and the ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast moving company with a wide variety of strategic initiatives;
- Apply extensive know-how of technical accounting and financial reporting standards;
- Experience with reviewing complex legal contracts and evaluating business and accounting implications;
- Ability to work across functional areas of the business, manage various stakeholders and work in a fast paced environment;
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.