Spotify is seeking a smart, ambitious, and hardworking Manager to lead our Technical Operations team within Customer Support – internally known as Support & Surveillance.
The Support & Surveillance team is the top tier of escalation within Customer Support at Spotify. They troubleshoot the concerns of our customers and partners and work with product teams around the company to drive them to resolution. They manage CS incidents and live issues for Spotify products and for our internal tooling. As such, they also design and implement monitoring solutions to proactively diagnose issues with the Spotify service. The Support & Surveillance team is an on-call team, located in Stockholm, New York and Cambridge, UK.
As Manager of our Support & Surveillance team, you will play a central role in maintaining and improving our feedback loop with product teams across Spotify, working closely with management to deliver data-led insights that drive continuous improvement of our products and processes.
What you’ll do
- Manage the global Support & Surveillance team. Drive their performance and grow their skills through varied responsibilities and project work.
- Own and refine our Customer Support incident management processes.
- Contribute to a culture of transparency, trust, and support, while using continuous improvement methodologies to improve all aspects of how the team operates.
- Use the data collected through internal systems (Jira, Statuspage, etc) to advocate for product, service, and system improvements.
- Work closely with our outsourcing partners to ensure advisor tooling and network infrastructure is operating effectively.
- Build outstanding relationships with teams across Spotify, and work with various product teams, acting as a valuable resource for customer experience.
- Work with management to execute strategies that align with the department roadmap.
Who you are
- You have a strong understanding of managing and supporting robust and complex technical systems in a company similar to Spotify.
- You’re a data-driven person who can take a step back and think critically about the business impact of product incidents or bugs.
- You have strong analytical skills and know-how to leverage data.
- You have excellent communication skills, and the ability to run large meetings with various stakeholders.
- You have an agile mentality, and always looking to improve.
- You’re a team player who collaborates seamlessly across teams and functions.
- You take pride in nurturing, developing, and stretching your team. You view their growth and success as an index of your success as a leader.
- You enjoy building new relationships and working with different teams to find solutions.
- You’re passionate about customer experience.
- Experience in managing a team is preferred.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.