Date of opening: 11.3.2018
Date of closing 8.4.2018
At Spotify, we’re passionate about providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and built a service that people use to discover and share music they love. We’re currently in 60 markets and growing fast!
We are looking for an excellent Manager, Senior Sales Planner UK to join our advertising sales team in London. In the role as a Senior SP Manager with us you will be supporting the full sales cycle from pre-sales through campaign execution and reporting while directly managing a team of sales planners. You will collaborate with the sales team to ensure campaigns are optimized and client needs are met. You will also be a people manager and have between 4-6 direct reports.
You thrive within a dynamic sales environment and have a real passion for sales planning and management. You are professional and highly organized with the drive to succeed. A typical day might include campaign reporting & analysis, conducting 1:1’s with local sales planners, brainstorming media solutions with the sales team, proactively problem solving challenges that the planners face. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- You will support 1 Account Director and 1 Client Service Manager as a full-scale Senior Sales Planner and will directly manage a team of Sales Planners
- Deliver exemplary sales planning throughout the sales process, ensuring inventory availability, building media plans to meet clients needs, provide campaign reporting and post campaign analysis while serving as a role model to the rest of the planning team
- Lead a team of local sales planners, including goal setting, professional development/skill building, and performance tracking
- You will manage campaign performance and make optimization recommendations across both direct and programmatic campaigns and you will own campaign set-up in internal systems to ensure campaigns deliver correctly and billing is accurate
- Contribute to team-wide initiatives that impact the planning team, i.e.: collateral development, training exercises, product/process documentation & roll-outs
- Conduct weekly 1:1’s with each local sales planner, and provide tailored support on client business needs
- Serve as planner escalation point in local region, and channel feedback / high priority issues / client needs back to the European head of Sales Planning
- Interact with credit & collections to help resolve client billing issues across campaigns managed by the whole planning team
- Facilitate national (and global) alignment by sharing information with fellow regional Senior SPs / The European head of Sales Planners / key stakeholders and sharing updates back to local SPs
- Help assess staffing needs, participate in interviewing and hiring of new Sales Planners and spearhead on-boarding of new Sales Planners in your region
- Collect feedback from peers (Account Director/CSMs/other) to conduct 2 mid-year reviews for each Planner
- Report to European head of Sales Planning
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, business or marketing disciplines preferred,
- 3+ years experience in digital media,
- 1+ year’s experience as a sales planner managing digital/radio/mobile campaigns,
- 1+ year’s experience managing programmatic campaigns,
- experience in a global tech or start-up environment preferred and
- experience working with Publicis media agency preferred.
- You are comfortable working with a high degree of independence, planning everything from small campaigns to large scale partnership campaigns and you are
- passionate about sales planning with a strong vision of success for the sales planning role and
- You have a proven ability to contribute to achieving aggressive sales targets, including through campaign optimisations.
- You are able to travel regularly
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.