We’re building a world-class Business Insights team to support our Premium Business Unit (covering paid consumer products globally – 100M+ subscribers, 75+ markets) as we scale to new heights. We’re looking for highly motivated talent to help us keep an eye on our competitive positioning, and drive strategic thinking on how we maintain our global leadership position in a rapidly evolving streaming market.
The role will be based in our Stockholm HQ office with occasional global travel (depending on specific projects). As a key member of the Premium team, you will be the go-to person on all things relating to our competitive intelligence and related strategic recommendations. You will be reporting to our Premium Business Insights Lead, also based in our Stockholm HQ.
What you’ll do
- Develop clear strategic frameworks for evaluating our competitive positioning – in order to deliver actionable insights and recommendations to our Premium Leadership team
- Inform the business of critical developments in the global streaming market that affect our positioning – via primary research, product testing and external research vendors
- Conduct detailed market share analysis using both public and 3rd party data in order to surface competitive threats, influence regional investment and growth strategy
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams developing new Premium products, using both our competitive intelligence and strategic frameworks to help structure their thinking
- Build key stakeholder relationships and credibility across the global Premium business in order to maximize the impact of our business recommendations
Who you are
- Passionate about the music industry and technology’s impact on our relationship with media
- Passionate about Spotify’s mission to unlock the potential of human creativity
- A team player keen to learn from and invest in the success of others
- “Culture” champion passionate about bringing positive energy to a diverse workplace
- Highly structured thinker, able to take complex, ambiguous problems and apply a structured approach that delivers relevant and actionable insights
- Highly numerate – comfortable creating, manipulating and evaluating complex spreadsheet models in order to evaluate business problems
- Succinct communicator, able to convey insights to different audiences in an engaging way that demands a coherent response
- Proactive, with a proven ability to deliver results in a self-driven working environment, often with limited input and across geographies
- You have 2-5 years of relevant experience working in top-tier Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, Private Equity, Tech or similar roles relating to business strategy
- Please allow us a few weeks to process your application – we expect a high volume of strong applications and will take the time to review all of them before commencing interviews
- Successful candidates will be provided with relocation assistance if currently living outside of Sweden
- We hope to welcome successful candidates into the team by January 2020 at the latest
Please attach your resume and cover letter in English.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.