We’re the Markets Business Unit, a truly cross-functional team focused on finding future listeners, wherever and whoever they may be. We work collaboratively, combining marketing, insights, product development, design and engineering expertise to grow Spotify’s monthly active users in both new and existing markets across the globe. Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic team taking acquisition, activation and business growth at Spotify to the next level.
The Markets team is responsible for managing Spotify’s regions and their performance across all business-relevant metrics. Our leadership team consists of regional Managing Directors and Market Strategy & Operation Managers (MSO), and we’re looking for an analytically-driven and open-minded person to support our efforts in the ANZ market.
As the MSO, you will be responsible for business analysis and insights, business planning, regional operating processes and managing cross-functional projects by building strong relationships across the company. In this position, you will work closely with local functional leadership and report to the Managing Director, ANZ. The role will be based in Sydney.
What you’ll do
- Working with the Managing Director and functional leads to formulate local strategy for the ANZ markets in line with Spotify’s overall global strategy
- Owning and adapting the regional planning process and framework
- Ensuring that the plan takes into account all necessary local and global functions and addresses both local challenges and global priorities
- You will be tracking the periodic performance of market important metrics
- Owning the process, framework, and output of market analysis and business reviews, tracking of regional budgets and initiatives as part of the business plan
- Monitor and gather insight on competitor activities
- Driving the operating processes for the region by building efficiency, removing obstacles and improving processes
- Providing the functions with the insights and knowledge needed to drive decisions and define strategy
- Ensuring communication and alignment between all functions, including Content Operations, Payments, Finance, Ad Sales, Marketing, PR and HR
- Supporting the local operation and office management
- You will be evaluating and executing on strategic market opportunities and identifying and solving operational problems
- Stepping in and executing alongside or in place of functions when needed
Business Reviews and Reporting
Problem Solving and Strategic Projects
Who you are
- You are passionate and have a deep understanding of the technology and music spaces
- You have 5-7 years experience in an early or growth stage internet company and/or top-tier management consultancy, and experience working with an international team
- Generalist skill-set that is equally comfortable analyzing data, coordinating internal events, speaking to partners, or negotiating a deal
- You are an organized, process-driven strategic thinker with an understanding of planning and budgeting
- You have proven results demonstrating thought leadership and business judgment, developing and interpreting deep data analysis and presenting rigorous analysis and insights with simplicity, clarity, and confidenceRapid and effective decision-making skills
- Ability to learn new concepts, technologies, and businesses quickly and to produce quality work in short time-frames
- Expert in data analysis, data modeling, Keynote/Powerpoint, Excel
- Outstanding presentation skills and ability to build concise and illustrative presentations
- Genuine, confident, flexible with a fun attitude
- An MBA would be preferred but is not essential
- You thrive from working in a constantly-changing but always-exciting environment!
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.