The Licensing Operations team in Legal and Licensing is responsible for driving a variety of strategic initiatives, including – among others – implementing licensing contracts, monitoring execution of contract commitments, defining the data strategy for major labels and publishers, building standard reports for partners, driving business insights for the licensing team to facilitate contracts negotiation.
You will be a key member of the rapidly growing Deal Implementation team, a subset of the Licensing Ops org. The teams mission is to ensure a smooth process of managing & tracking implementation, risk assessment, and compliance of key deal terms (labels, publishing, and original content); building out cross functional communications plans for audiences from the C-suite down to executing teams; and also being a key point for business intelligence (deal related insights and analytics). Strong communication skills and the ability to work cross functionally across all areas of the business is a must. This work will require a lot of translating between our deal teams, and internal functions (product, accounting, legal, revenue, marketing, etc.) and thinking nimbly and on your toes. This is a great role for someone who wants to be involved across all of Spotify’s business areas and delve deep into our licensing commitments. Opportunity to specialize if desired.
What you’ll do
The scope of this role is to ensure the properly and timely implementation of licensing contracts. Due to the high volume of contracts, the variety of commitments across company’s functions, the complexity of the agreements and the relatively limited resources available, an innovative strategy and approach have to be created to ensure success and compliance.
- Design and implement an end-to-end contract implementation process for every licensing contract. That includes process, system, metadata, data master, taxonomy, timeline etc.
- Support in the execution of cross functional communication and engagement strategy to educate the broader company about licensing contract commitments, cycles, goals, etc.
- Design and implement a target cascade and scorecarding process to cascade commitments, assign accountability, track progress, raise issues, and communicate status update.
- Drive the escalation process for critical situation of non compliance, by leveraging your chain of command.
- Drive standardization and automation wherever possible.
- Be creative enough and nimble to identify other areas for optimization – whether it be creating a system to track OKS, building out a library for insights/narratives, etc.
- Opportunity to specialize and deep dive into specific business units as needed.
Who you are
- 5-10 years experience in music and/or tech industry
- Flexibility to adapt in a quick moving environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience in consulting / MBA nice to have
- Experience with shaping compliance/tracking systems nice to have
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.