At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favourite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love.
We are seeking to recruit an exceptional candidate to join our Label Licensing team. The Licensing Manager’s primary focus will be supporting Spotify’s diverse range of independent rights holders in the United States and internationally, including negotiating and implementing new content licenses. The Licensing Manager will also work with internal stakeholders to ensure teams have the correct understanding of Spotify’s scope of rights and to support the company’s growth strategy. The right candidate will serve as an advocate, educator and ambassador for our unique platform, while ensuring that our independent rights holders are fairly compensated, and help with the on going growth and improvement of Spotify. This is a global role and works across multiple time zones.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide contract insight to independent labels and aggregators, ensuring an understanding of Spotify’s content license and service terms.
- Communicate independent labels’ questions and comments on Spotify licences to Spotify product, legal and licensing teams to inform strategy and product development.
- Work with the Spotify legal team to execute contracts with new label partners.
- Support licensing negotiations by analysing performance of existing deals, potential of new deals and providing key data to build arguments around.
- Negotiate terms needed with key rights holders to support Spotify’s growth strategy.
- Work closely with internal teams including, legal, accounting, reporting and marketing to implement all deal terms.
Who you are:
- A highly self-motivated individual with a minimum of 4 years’ experience working for an independent record label or a consumer digital service or content aggregator with a focus on the independent record label sector.
- Good understanding of music copyright, licensing and issues the industry faces today
- Good negotiating and interpersonal skills with the desire to develop these skills further
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to build and explain financial models
- Able to craft and deliver presentations at the senior level
- Well organized with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail
- Team player who will work closely with a range of internal stakeholders
- You are willing to travel frequently in the United States and internationally.
- You are a huge music fan and a daily Spotify user.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.