Spotify Internal Audit (IA) is looking for a Manager of Internal Audit to be part of the team executing our Internal Audit strategy.
We are looking for an individual with experience auditing and working with technology companies that are fast-paced, work in the cloud, and develop products that are used by millions of consumers globally. This individual will work across our global organization to identify technology and business risks and help manage the impact on the organization. You will participate in assurance and advisory projects within areas such as sales & operations, enterprise IT, data infrastructure, finance, financial systems, revenue engineering, content engineering, security engineering, and the technology platform. This will include supporting the company’s annual SOX compliance program.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are effective in agile, fast-moving organizations and enjoy working in a high-performing and highly-collaborative international team environment. This position is based in New York, New York, and will report to the Director, Technology Internal Audit. Some travel will be required.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and perform the full lifecycle of internal audits, including scoping, testing, deficiency confirmation, and reporting for audits that cover both business and technology risks.
- Participate in the testing of technology components of our SOX internal controls framework, including identification of controls and remediation of gaps from the assessment process. You’ll also work closely with our external auditors.
- Support major business and technology projects by providing your risk point of view.
Who you are:
- You have a bachelor degree with a major in Business Administration, Finance, computer science, MIS, or equivalent education.
- Big 4 experience and internal audit experience in industry are a strong merits.
- You have domain expertise in internal audit, technology/music industry, and/or professional services assurance experience and a strong knowledge of internal control principles (e.g. COSO).
- You have significant experience working with SOX control frameworks, especially from technology companies. Experience with Archer is a merit.
- You have experience working in the technology industry and/or with companies that develop software with a worldwide consumer user base. Experience with the music and entertainment industry is also a merit.
- CIA or CISA/CRISC/CGEIT preferred. A CPA or Chartered Accountant qualification is a merit.
- Experience with NetSuite, Google Cloud Platform, and other cloud technology and/or other similar cloud ERP is a plus.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and data analytical tools like ACL and Tableau is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with multinational organizations is required; experience working with a SEC FPI is a plus.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.