Spotify is looking for an experienced Internal Audit Manager to join our growing Internal Audit team.
We are looking for an individual with experience auditing and working with technology companies that are fast-paced, work in the cloud, and develop products that are used by millions of consumers globally. This individual will work across our global organization to identify business and technology risks and help manage the impact on the organization. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience identifying and addressing financial, operational and compliance risks in business processes, evaluating the design of internal controls, and executing audits to assess the effectiveness of processes and controls. In addition, the candidate will have the skills necessary to be effective in agile, navigate a fast-moving and complicated environment, and influence people in a fast-growing international company.
This position is based in New York, New York, and will report to the Director, Internal Audit. Some travel will be required.
What you’ll do
- Understand the businesses you are auditing including their strategy, product lifecycle, associated business processes, technology, and related regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with co-sourced providers, external auditors, internal leaders and process owners to ensure engagement and timely execution of the SOX compliance program for the processes you own in your vertical.
- Plan and manage complex operational audits including risk assessment, execution and post-remediation validation
- Partner with other Internal Audit team members to coordinate cross-vertical audit projects and initiatives in alignment with IA’s strategy
- Participate in ongoing enterprise risk assessment process and assist in developing and executing a dynamic audit plan to address high risk areas
- Partner with relevant parties to analyze applicable laws and regulations and provide a point of view on audit requirements
Who you are
- 7-10 years of experience in Big Four and/or internal audit.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, MIS, AIS or Business Administration.
- Demonstrated experience in project management practices, tooling, and managing projects through the audit lifecycle.
- Communication skills, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills that allow interactions with business partners.
- Results oriented leader who has the ability to manage, influence, and drive strategic solution development across diverse teams.
- Independently operate in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects.
- People management skills including the ability to mentor, review performance and develop talent.
- Problem solving skills that demonstrate critical and logical thinking to reach a solution.
- Analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Previous SOX experience.
- CPA and/or CISA, CIA certifications preferred.
- Domain expertise in technology/music industry, and/or professional services assurance experience and a strong knowledge of internal control principles (e.g. COSO) also preferred.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.