We are looking for a Head of Design and Space Management to join our expanding Global Workplace Services team.
The Global Workplace Services (GWS) team focuses on the global expansion and support of our rapidly growing business. We create spaces and services that bring Spotify’s culture and values to life – from designing thoughtful spaces for our employees to thrive, to delivering innovative services that make Spotify a great place to work.
In this role, you will be responsible for the conceptual design of the workplace. You will be the link between the business and the teams delivering the projects, making sure the workplace is inspirational, functional, efficient and fit for purpose. To be successful in this role you need to have the ability and interest to work in an open minded, strategic and structured way. You will work with a variety of external consultants, all the functions in GWS and internal stakeholders to constantly improve the design and functionality of the workplace.
What you’ll do
- Translate business needs with regards to space and functionality by driving the development of the conceptual design of the Spotify Workplace.
- Based on business needs, create the lease brief for the Real Estate team to safeguard that we find the correct location for new workplaces, with the right size and right conditions to meet the project’s objectives.
- Support the design & build phase to adapt the projects based on local needs
- Analyze the existing portfolio to constantly improve the workplace in close collaboration with the business and the real estate.
- Be collaborative: assist with and collaborate with multiple cross departmental teams.
Who you are
- Experience working in a fast-paced, preferably global environment on a strategic level
- Have a degree in architecture, engineering or business
- Have extensive experience from driving the conceptual design of workplaces
- Results-oriented with a strong track record of success
- Excellent leadership/influencing skills, can build trust, are transparent, want to help people grow, and find the most innovative solutions to build out the business and drive performance
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.