Spotify is seeking a Manager of Content Accounting to join our growing and constantly evolving accounting team. This role will report into the Senior Manager of Label Content Accounting, and will support our stakeholders to ensure they have accurate and timely financial information.
What you’ll do:
The position will involve working across a range of topics, depending on the accounting, financial reporting, and operational needs of the business, including:
- Review and execution of the monthly global content accounting close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting;
- Ensure timeliness of processing and approvals for invoices prior to payments being made to content owners;
- Review of monthly account reconciliations, journal entries, and flux analysis;
- Support external, 3rd party, and internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility;
- Manage a content accountant
- Co-Manage and expand our offshore contractor team.
- Collaborating with key business partners internally and externally across the business including Technical Accounting, FP&A, Legal, Licensing, Internal Audit, Royalties, our external licensors, and all teams in accounting operations, as part of the operational implementation of any new processes and procedures;
- Work closely with IT and key business owners to drive key system initiatives and improvements.
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- Travel can be required from time to time.
Who you are:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and be an actively licensed CPA;
- Minimum 6 years experience in any combination of public accounting or industry experience;
- Experience with growth companies in high technology, music, or entertainment industries;
- Experience in system and / or process change / implementation;
- Ability to work across functional areas of the business, manage various stakeholders, and work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment;
- Advanced skills in Excel and google sheets (Embedded If’s, Vlookups, Embedded filter function);
- Label royalty experience a plus;
- SQL knowledge a plus;
- Masters degree preferred.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.