We are looking for a highly motivated Manager to join the global Commercial Partnerships team in New York City. The Commercial Partnerships team manages business-critical relationships with major/indie labels and drives cross-functional strategic initiatives. Your role will include an exciting combination of strategy, operations, business development, data analysis, and project management. Your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Deliver best-in-class client service to major and indie labels
- Become deeply familiar with a wide range of products and business processes at Spotify to be able to consult with labels, field functionality and capability questions, and resolve escalated issues
- Rely on your strong communication skills to appropriately position Spotify’s capabilities and value in a way that drives excitement and engagement with our tools and services
- Regularly attend and participate in formal and informal/external meetings to deepen label relationships as a trusted and valued partner
- Maintain strong knowledge of the evolving music industry to inform dialogue with partners
- Lead global business reviews; identify and execute opportunities to drive growth for both our platform and our partners’ core business
- Liaise and develop strong relationships with cross-functional internal teams including R&D, Legal, Licensing, Sales, Product Marketing, and Artist & Label Marketing to deliver cohesive best-in-class service to labels and to advance the Spotify mission
- Report to Senior Manager of Commercial Partnerships
Who you are
- You have at least five (5) years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, business operations, or product management; music industry experience a plus!
- You have an MBA or Master’s degree in a management, technical, or engineering field
- You are well-qualified for client services and/or partner relationship management
- You demonstrate consistent ability to quickly master challenging topics, think creatively, proactively problem solve, and drive results
- You feel very comfortable analyzing and applying data to design strategies and make decisions
- You have excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills (which includes mastery of PowerPoint)
- You have successfully led and executed complex strategic and operational initiatives at medium and/or large organizations
- You have experience partnering with and advising senior stakeholders
- You are collaborative and have a stellar ability to work cross-functionally with internal teams across various functions and levels
- You are highly organized, attentive to detail, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- You are passionate about Spotify’s mission
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.