We are looking for a driven, enthusiastic Business System Operations Manager to lead accounting initiatives and transform the accounting business processes. This role will be responsible for enabling the finance team to improve business performance and operational effectiveness and efficiency. The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years of combined experience in system implementation and project management at a global organization. The position is based in NYC.
What you’ll do
- Lead the implementation of accounting initiatives and enhancements focused on the end to end business process for all aspects of finance operations.
- Responsible for assessing system impacts, providing gap and process analysis as well as cost/benefit analysis for system or product/service related initiatives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups to ensure that business requirements are delivered through successful project implementation of optimal, best in class, cost-effective solutions.
- In-charge of process modeling to clarify business requirements, and to enhance or re-engineer business processes, prior to, or in parallel with, solution design and implementation, as necessary
- Responsible for gathering, analyzing and creating comprehensive work products documenting requirements, including validating and traceability, for existing and new applications.
- Review and provide feedback on functional deliverables produced by business systems analysts as part of implementation life-cycle, such as process flows, high-level and detailed-level requirements documents, gap analyses, functional designs, test plans, training materials and production support plans.
- Partner closely with accounting global process owners (GPOs), project management, application development, and systems infrastructure teams to ensure projects are prioritized correctly and are aligned with their sponsor’s objectives.
- Develop and conduct training for global accounting business processes and workflows.
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects, or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
- Travel required approximately 10% of total work time.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in business or information system. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years related experience with global public company in consulting firm or high tech.
- Experience with Netsuite, Salesforce, Coupa, Concur preferred.
- In depth knowledge of Procure to Pay and Record to Report business processes preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including extensive experience meeting and presenting to senior executives.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to collaborate with management and others in the company.
- Technical savvy and have vision for the future.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.