The Artist & Label Marketing team at Spotify works to transform the music industry value chain by driving innovative and fruitful partnerships with artists, managers, labels, and internally through Spotify-driven initiatives. Utilizing on-platform promotion and off-platform marketing, the Artist & Label Marketing team sits at the center of an artist’s campaign on Spotify to build the most engaging experience for our users while staying true to an artist’s creative vision. Alongside building key relationships with external partners, responsibilities encompass work across many of Spotify’s key cross-functional verticals including original content, editorial, content and creator marketing, licensing, and others.
What you’ll do
- Lead development and execution for Artist Marketing campaigns in collaboration with Music team partners across the Content business unit, including music culture and editorial, artist and fan development, artist relations, the global creative and brand strategy team, local consumer marketing teams, and the broader organization for both major and independent artists & releases.
- Work directly with the artists, their label and their management teams to gather insights and develop campaigns, and act as a representative of Spotify in the music industry with Major/Indie label partners and artists.
- Develop best practices and efficiencies to be the best in class partner to our artist and label partners.
- Advocate for Spotify’s interests and initiatives externally within the creator community.
- Attend events, conferences and shows. Some travel required.
Who you are.
- You have 5-7 years of experience building global marketing campaigns and are comfortable working cross-functionally within the larger Spotify organization as well as across geographies
- You have a passion for the Music Community and can be a representative of the Artist Marketing team to the rest of the Spotify organization
- You have the ability to drive vision, align strategy, and coordinate execution components of Global Music Marketing campaigns
- You’re comfortable in very fast paced, intense work environments and thrive on a team that moves quickly.
- An optimistic-minded, self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude and knack for problem solving.
- Able to easily adapt and learn new skill sets as circumstances require.
- You are comfortable leading creative and collaborative meetings with an artist and their team.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.