Spotify is the world’s most popular music streaming service. Spotify has fundamentally altered the way consumers and artists interact with music, offering a platform through which users can discover, manage and share over 35 million songs, as well as curated radio stations and approximately 2 billion playlists built by Spotify’s in-house teams, or contributors from their global community. The company offers a freemium model and currently has circa 170 million users worldwide, with 75 million of these being paid users who subscribe to the Premium model (which is ad-free, offers unlimited track selections and offline play). Subscriptions remain the main source of revenue, in addition to third party advertisers, which pay Spotify for exposure to consumers using the free service.
Spotify was founded ten years ago in Stockholm by Daniel Ek and Martin Lorentzon, co-founder of TradeDoubler, with the aim of creating a credible alternative to internet piracy that would get consumers paying for music again. By allowing users to sample a range of tracks without committing to purchasing an album, Spotify has reinvigorated the industry and transformed music consumption into an on-demand and affordable activity. Spotify is the largest driver of revenue to the music business today.
The Artist & Label Marketing team manages hundreds of creator and label relationships across the globe with a network of Manager’s in different Spotify territories. This position will serve as primary point of contact for our partners, specifically in Korea, but also working with international teams. The Artist & Label Marketing Manager will focus on developing and maintaining excellent relationships with Spotify’s content providers by enabling them to maximize the service as both a sales and promotional platform. This person will be based in Spotify’s Singapore office as part of the regional team.
What you’ll do
- You will provide the best possible service to rights holders with regard to artist marketing, business intelligence and maximizing revenue
- You will identify, develop and execute unique marketing initiatives by leveraging artist and label relationships. This shall include opportunities to collaborate with Spotify’s KPOP Daebak hub.
- You will provide strategic and financial insights and develop best practice in order to help label partners achieve and build on revenue targets
- You will assure timely and correct delivery and publishing of new content. Resolve any operational matters that may affect your label partners
- You will offer guidance and insight into service functionality towards the music industry
- You will analyze streaming data to identify emerging artists and music trends
- You will act as liaison between Spotify and artist / label partners
- You will be the ambassador for Spotify to the Korean creator community.
- You will connect other Spotify teams with the Korean music industry to help drive and execute opportunities driven by Spotify and our partners
Who you are
- You have at a strong combined music and technology background
- You have developed relationships with labels and are confident with your ability to collaborate with the community
- You have account / partner management experience with an established digital music service, established record label or media company
- You have a proven track record of key results in marketing, strategy and infrastructure management/development
- You have good analytical skills
- You are proficient with content management systems and supply chain processes with high volumes of media
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are able to prepare and deliver executive level presentations
- You have prior experience in global organisations in matrix set ups.
- You are fluent in Korean and English
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.