The Artist & Label Marketing team at Spotify works to transform the music industry value chain by driving innovative partnerships with artists, managers, labels, and internally through Spotify-driven initiatives. Utilizing on-platform promotion and off-platform marketing, the Artist & Label Marketing team sits at the centre of an artist’s campaign on Spotify to build the most engaging experience for our users while staying true to an artist’s creative vision. Alongside building key relationships with external partners, responsibilities encompass work across many of Spotify’s key cross-functional verticals including Marketing, Editorial, Music, Licensing, Sales and others.
What You’ll Do
- Create comprehensive interdepartmental artist plans for priority releases
- Secure assets for campaigns based on supporting analysis of data.
- Prepare proposals for opportunities at Spotify and requests from label and artist
- Leverage platform tools within digital, social, mobile, emerging and owned-platform consumer programs with paid, owned and earned media
- Lead the production and execution for Artist Marketing campaigns in collaboration with the local consumer marketing teams, and the broader organisation
- Submit comprehensive external wrap-up reports including quantitative and qualitative analysis and support for top priority release executions
- Work with campaign management team and data analytics to analyze effectiveness of tools implemented throughout campaign
- Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders for execution of artist campaigns
- Has deep understanding of the assigned segment of the music industry ecosystem and stays informed about trends and innovations within the industry
- Work closely with other departments within Spotify in order to execute A&LM’s larger objectives
- Analyses each projects potential and outcome to best align Spotify resources and artist’s development
- Leverage internal resources for in-house development while also managing agency partners when necessary
- Able to travel for business needs 15-20% of the time
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- You have 4-6 years of experience building domestic and global marketing campaigns and are comfortable working cross-functionally within the larger Spotify organization as well as across geographies
- Experience with an established digital content service, established record label or major media/entertainment company is preferred
- You are a competent problem solver, a facilitator and collaborator who is a self-starter with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- You have a passion for the music community and can be a representative of the Artist & Label Marketing team to the rest of the Spotify organization
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.