We are looking for Machine Learning Interns to #JoinTheBand and help drive a data-first culture across Spotify. You will work on a variety of problems such as content recommendation, personalization, optimization, user intelligence, and content classification. You will work with a team to come up with new and interesting hypotheses, test them, and scale them up to huge data sets with hundreds of billions of data points. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What You’ll Do:
- Apply machine learning, collaborative filtering, NLP, and deep learning methods to massive data sets
- Prototype new algorithms, evaluate with small scale experiments, and later productionize solutions at scale to our 140 million active users
- Collaborate with a cross functional agile team of software engineers, data engineers, ML experts, and others to build new product features
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality
- Iterate on recommendation quality through continuous A/B testing
- Work from our office in Boston
Who You Are:
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Machine Learning, or related field preferred
- You have experience implementing machine learning systems at scale in Java, Scala, Python or similar (not just R or Matlab)
- You have a strong mathematical background in statistics and machine learning
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- You preferably have experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Hadoop, Scalding, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.
- You preferably have machine learning publications or work on open source to share with us
The Intern Gig:
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is December 15th, 2017 at 11:59 PM, ET. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late December, 2018 – Mid January, 2018: Application Review
- Late January, 2018 – Late February, 2018: Interviews
- February, 2018 – March/April, 2018: Offers given out
- June/July, 2018: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.