We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us define and build the next generation of ML infrastructure at Spotify. Our mission is to enable every team at Spotify to iterate quickly on hypotheses and scale their experiments to data sets with hundreds of billions of data points. In this role you will work closely with many of the ML teams at Spotify across missions including ads targeting, personalization, music recommendations, pricing and more. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Build infrastructure that best supports the needs of a broad community of machine learning engineers, active across all Spotify business units
- Design such infrastructure under the constraints that come with scale in regards to correctness, usability, interpretability, experimentation and maintainability
- Collaborate with cross functional agile teams of software engineers, data engineers, ML experts, and others in building new product features
- Contribute to new and existing Spotify open source machine learning and data processing products (scio, featran, zoltar)
- Leverage your experience to drive best practices in ML and data engineering
- Gain a deep understanding of various models used by our stakeholders on both structured and unstructured content (text, audio, images, behavioral data etc)
- Determine the feasibility of projects through quick prototyping with respect to performance, quality, time and cost using Agile methodologies
Who you are
- You have development experience with an object-oriented programming language such as C++ or Java and/or functional programming languages
- You have previous industry experience with ML systems using frameworks such as Scikit-learn and Tensorflow
- You have previously built APIs and libraries for Java, Scala or Python
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- You routinely survey research publications in the machine learning and software engineering communities
- You preferably have experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Google Cloud Dataflow, Hadoop, Scalding, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.
- You preferably have open source contributions to share with us
- Skilled communicator and have a proven record of leading work across disciplines
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.