We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineering Manager (Chapter Lead) to drive the machine learning practice within the Creator Mission.
The Creator Mission strives to provide Artists with amazing insights and tools to help build and grow their careers and engage more deeply with their fans. In this role, you will be instrumental in growing the team, guiding the scientific and engineering approaches, and communicating strategy and results to the broader organization. You will be a partner to the Product Management team and help them define an effective ML-driven product strategy and roadmap.
Spotify has unique data, with rich information on the behavior of its 100+ million users across time. You will have the opportunity to have a large impact on how this data is used to build predictive models to power useful insights and features. The results of this effort will be used to improve the experience for users and to create products for artists, our marketing and content organizations and more.
Our organization of technologists, designers, and product managers is located in New York, Boston, London and Stockholm.
What you’ll do
- You will be responsible for building upon Spotify’s deep understanding of our content, users, and artists to develop rich analytics, engagement, and business applications
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development
- You will provide technical guidance in a number of aspects of data science, machine learning and engineering including hypothesis testing, analysis, modeling, and production deployment, especially in a JVM ecosystem
- You will be hands-on occasionally as needed
- You will work closely with counterparts in other disciplines as part of a cross-functional team, and nurture this culture in your team
- You will be based in New York, but might travel occasionally
Who you are
- You are either an experienced manager or a top-level individual contributor looking to make a move to team leadership
- You are passionate about technology and what it can do for building business applications
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products
- You are an experienced leader in using modern practices and tools to ingest, move, process, store, and expose consumer-scale datasets
- You are well-versed in data-driven and data-informed product development
- You are comfortable with the nuts and bolts of both data engineering and data science
- You have experience in fostering a strong engineering culture in an agile environment
- You want to make an impact
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.