At Spotify, we’re proud of our ambitious mission of having 1 billion fans enjoying music around the world, and are seeking machine learning engineers to join us in pursuit of this goal. Our team leverages machine learning to drive both advertiser outcomes and listener satisfaction in Spotify Free, helping democratize music access globally while positively impacting Spotify’s bottom line. We develop innovative solutions around the core problem of getting the right ad to the right user at the right time, while embodying Spotify’s values and taking our users’ best interest at heart.
What you’ll do
- Take on complex data-related problems using some of the most diverse datasets available and work with data science and user research to develop datasets useful for training your models.
- Perform data analysis to establish baselines and inform product decisions.
- Prototype new approaches and productionize solutions at scale.
- Build systems that personalize our listeners’ experience of ads on platform.
- Collaborate with a cross functional agile team spanning design, data science, product management, and engineering to build new technologies and features.
- Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve quality
Who you are
- You have a strong background in machine learning, and preferably have experience moving prototypes (Jupyter Notebooks) into large-scale production environments. Experience with ad tech, audio signal processing or NLP methods is a plus.
- You have experience building data pipelines and are self-sufficient in getting the data you need to build and evaluate your models, using tools like Apache Beam / Spark.
- You have hands-on experience implementing production machine learning systems at scale in Java, Scala, Python, or similar languages.
- Experience with pyTorch, TensorFlow, or Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and disciplined experimentation
- You have experience and passion for mentoring and encouraging collaborative teams.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.