What you’ll do
- You will serve a group of machine learning engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, career development, and, when needed, hands-on engineering
- You will support those engineers in building upon Spotify’s deep understanding of our content, users, and artists to facilitate development of rich and engaging experiences
- You will provide machine learning technical input including for hypothesis testing, analysis, modeling, and production deployment, especially in a JVM ecosystem
- You will work closely with other machine learning Chapter Leads to continue to mature the use of machine learning in Spotify’s Boston office and beyond
- You will be based in Boston, but travel occasionally to New York and Stockholm
Who you are
- Strong background in machine learning or a related field. Graduate education preferred.
- Experience giving hands-on leadership, whether formally or informally (e.g., mentoring), to individuals implementing machine learning systems at scale in Java, Scala, Python or similar languages (not just R or Matlab :-)
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and disciplined experimentation
- You preferably have experience with high-scale data processing and storage frameworks like Hadoop, Scalding, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products
- You want to make a global impact and believe music improves lives
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.