At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favourite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love.
We are looking for a Localization Manager experienced in both Localization and QA, with creative and analytical thinking, to join the Spotify localization team in Stockholm.
What you’ll do
- Plan and execute the localization efforts for our launches on new markets (both translation and LQA)
- Manage ad-hoc localization projects for Web and App content, overseeing the translation workflow using a translation management tool and making sure that every deadline is being kept
- Manage relationship with main stakeholders across the organization (markets, marketing, content, product teams, etc)
- Consolidate our linguistic QA framework and our language quality assessment, for new and existing markets
- Build strong working relationships with our localization vendors, focusing on delivering the highest quality assets on time
- Own all documentation, communication, scheduling and feedback between the team and external LQA partners
- Provide strategic solutions to any issues that may arise with stakeholders, share best practices and evangelize our localization efforts
- Work tightly together with our developers and content writers etc, internally to make sure that everything runs smoothly in term of localization process, LQA process and workflow. That also includes planning with your team members to make sure the team’s workload is evenly spread
- Work on project retrospective with our stakeholders
- Ensure work is done within budget and vendors adhere to the service-level agreement
Who are you
- You have several years of experience in localization and localization QA, preferably from the buyer side
- You have solid organizational skills, including multitasking, time management and stakeholder management
- You are a problem solver with creative and innovative approach with the ability to think out of the box
- You have a positive attitude when experiencing obstacles and you’re enthusiastic to get things done
- You have excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical individuals
- You have experience of CAT tools and TMS
- Finally, you are a great teammate that loves to have fun at work and you are deeply passionate about Spotify’s mission and products
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.