Every year, millions of listeners from around the world join Spotify. Vital to this growth is our ability to communicate with every one of them in a personal, clear, and authentic manner regardless of language or cultural background.
This is where you come in.
Our Localization team is growing and is about to expand to a new location: our New York office! You will work from Spotify’s office in New York and will work closely alongside your colleagues in Stockholm to further enhance and support our localization team’s mission and vision. As Localization Manager, you will be in charge of maintaining our tone of voice in every language while also ensuring we respect our customers’ cultural preferences and more. With the 20+ languages already supported, you’ll be fundamental to Spotify’s success around the world.
What you’ll do
- Manage localization projects for campaigns and marketing content, CRM, e-mails, product and web content, oversee localization and QA workflow, and make sure that every deadline is being kept.
- Ensure work is done within budget and that vendors adhere to their service level agreement.
- Lead meetings and work closely with cross-functional teams of designers, product owners, internal reviewers, engineers, marketers, and others across the company, passionate about Spotify’s success. You will facilitate communication of localization requirements, share insights, resolve any issues and ensure that we operate in line with our overall localization strategy.
- Share best practices and evangelize our localization efforts.
- Review, prioritize, and track the resolution of bugs that affect localized product content quality and functionality.
- Develop and implement processes to increase efficiency, and manage cost and time to market for localized versions.
- Together with your teammates, research and incorporate industry best practices and innovation into our localization and translation strategy.
- Test possible tools and technologies to enable the team’s strategic goals.
- Give input to budget and follow up on costs related to translations.
- Work on project retrospective with our stakeholders.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and presentations.
- Other related tasks as assigned to fulfill responsibilities.
- Report to our Lead Localization Manager located in our Stockholm HQ.
Who you are
- 5+ years experience as Localization Manager, Localization Program Manager or Language Manager in a deadline-driven role with accountability for delivering projects with multiple components and multiple stakeholders and collaborators.
- Preferably 5+ years vendor management experience.
- Jira user.
- Experience working with TMS, CMS and other translation tools.
- Experience working with remote team members.
- Excellent track record in delivering global products, and understanding of localization challenges.
- Creative as well as strategic thinker who can demonstrate strong organizational and management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
What We Value
Our culture is core to Spotify’s success. It’s what ensures the innovation, collaboration, transparency, passion and playfulness needed to deliver the best experience to our listeners. We’re looking for someone who will not only thrive in this open-minded culture of diversity and innovation but who also contributes to it as it evolves. We encourage you to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.