We are seeking an outstanding Litigation Paralegal to join our Legal team to help support our rapidly growing business. This person will be based in our offices in New York City.
As a Litigation Paralegal, you will partner with Spotify in-house counsel to research and manage legal claims made against Spotify in a variety of areas. You will be the primary escalation point for certain teams within the company (e.g., Customer Support) and outside the company (e.g., law enforcement) for various types of disputes and requests for information from the company. You will help manage the discovery process. We are constantly trying to innovate how legal services are delivered to our business partners at Spotify, so it will be up to you to continuously assess and advise our work using a creative and pragmatic approach, including working with our Legal Operations team to build out new and improved tools and processes for managing litigations and related matters.
What You’ll Do
- Assist counsel in case management, including coordination of multiple workstreams in complex litigations.
- Primary responsibility for discovery (including document and data preservation) and other fact-finding investigations.
- Manage third-party subpoenas, requests from law enforcement, and other legal requests for information from the company.
- Work collaboratively with our Legal Operations team to source or build better tools for discovery and other litigation-related processes.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years of litigation support experience (preferably as a paralegal) at a law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google Apps (Gmail, Google Drive), and ability to learn new communication and document tools.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Effective analytical skills with the ability to review and organize numerous documents in complex matters.
- Experience working with complex electronic discovery.
- Strong familiarity with internet technology a plus.