Spotify is looking for a leader to drive it’s Lifecycle Marketing team forward. We are looking for someone who understands Lifecycle marketing, specific to owned media channels – email, push notifications, and in-app messaging. This role is based in New York City and will oversee a growing team.
This role will collaborate with global and regional marketing teams, as well as Product and Analytics to maintain a strategic and technology-focused development roadmap that will maximize our on-platform messaging cadence and result.
The person who will be successful in this role will be able to drive an agenda for Lifecycle marketing via our owned channel platforms and develop innovative approaches to engagement and retention across our target segments. This person is as much a strategist as they are a practitioner – at Spotify, we value excellence in both capabilities.
What You’ll Do
- Create best in class lifecycle solutions for Spotify leveraging our internal tools and technology platforms
- Develop the strategic roadmap and drive the activations within our owned media channels forward on a daily basis
- Lead a local team of lifecycle (CRM) specialists focused on delivering best in class engagement and retention solutions for Spotify.
- Develop and implement a longer-term strategic roadmap consisting of deeper audience segmentation, personalization, and communication/messaging strategy.
- Expand our central strategy to regions across the globe
- Implement a strong audience segmentation strategy that enables deep actionable insights and relationship marketing strategies that decrease churn and attrition.
- Remain abreast of new technology, techniques, and opportunities to ensure Spotify stays ahead of the market
- Champion a measurement strategy and ensure all plans are appropriately instrumented
- Identify a channel strategy that is focused on delivering the best experience for our users
- Create and implement test and learn plan that can scale over time-based on evidence of success
- Partner with creative teams to build media ideas
- Develop and deliver thought leadership and relationship strategies that build customer lifetime value and reduce free user & subscriber churn.
Who you are
- At least 8-10+ years experience managing customer retention, preferably for an e-commerce, subscription business, or mobile app/gaming company.
- Experience leading and managing teams that deliver a consistent strategic and activation output
- Expertise in customer segment marketing, aligning targeting, message and program development/execution to drive growth.
- Deep knowledge of available marketplace CRM tools and the best practices for deployment
- Strong knowledge of marketing, advertising, media, and CRM planning principles
- Demonstrated ability for delivering strategic solutions and tactical plans.
- Proven track record of building successful loyalty and win-back programs that increase retention and lifetime value and reduce churn.
- Preferred qualification: Experience working in a mobile, gaming, or subscription-business environment.
- Experience collaborating with technology teams to drive the larger output for the organization
- Experience with amplifying content and getting it out to the right audiences
- Strong understanding of marketing-based math, optimization tactics, and tools.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at various levels of importance
- Ability to create, with speed, and be able to showcase real results for the organization
- Experience using analytics and measurement to inform data-driven decisions for organizations
- International experience, understanding of cultural diversity preferred but not required
- Experience in managing relationships with internal & external suppliers and partners
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music