We are looking for a Licensing Intern to #JoinTheBand. The licensing intern will support the licensing team in its work with internal stakeholders and external partners, collect and analyze data across all our live partnerships, build pitch decks to communicate this data internally and with key rights holders, and otherwise support the team in accomplishing its key objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Support licensing negotiations for all Global partner deals by analysing performance of existing deals, potential of new deals and providing key data to build arguments around
- Support Licensing Managers with negotiating terms needed with key rights holders to support partner deals
- Work closely with internal teams including Business Development and Premium Subscriptions to help advise on the structure of deals
- Work closely with internal teams including, legal, accounting, reporting and marketing to implement all deal terms
Who you are:
- You are currently a MBA or JD student, 1st year only
- A highly self-motivated individual
- Good understanding of music copyright, licensing and issues the industry faces today
- Experience in the tech and media sector, preferably music
- Good negotiating and interpersonal skills with the desire to develop these skills further
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to build and explain financial models
- Able to craft and deliver presentations at the senior level
- Well organized with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail
- Team player who will work closely with a number of internal stakeholders
The Intern Gig:
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is January 31st, 2018 at 11:59 PM, ET. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late January, 2018 – Mid February, 2018: Application Review
- Late February, 2018 – Late March, 2018: Interviews
- March, 2018 – April/May, 2018: Offers given out
- June/July, 2018: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.