At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favourite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love. We’re currently in 60 markets and growing fast.
We are seeking to recruit an exceptional candidate to join our licensing team to help support our growth around the world. Reporting to the Licensing Director based in London, the Licensing Manager’s primary focus will be to manage and negotiate publishing licenses.
The Licensing Manager is responsible for existing and new Spotify licenses, establishing and maintaining key relationships with the relevant rights holders and closing deals in support of our markets. The right candidate will serve as an advocate, educator and ambassador for our unique platform, whilst ensuring that rights holders (including collecting societies and publishers) are fully aligned to support the ongoing growth and improvement of Spotify. This position will be located in Singapore or Hong Kong.
What you’ll do
- Initiate, negotiate and close key publishing deals
- Point of interface for rights holders (collecting societies and publishers across the APAC region)
- Build and maintain relationship with publishing rightsholder across the APAC region
- Account manage the license agreements once these are effective, analysing financial impact
- Provide support to the wider Licensing and Content teams on broader content initiatives
- Cross-functional collaboration (including with the Legal, Finance, Reporting, Accounting and Creator teams)
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A self-starter with excellent commercial acumen
- Willing to travel regularly in order to engage directly, on the ground with rightsholder partners
- Experience in deal structuring and negotiation
- Previous experience in music publishing / music licensing with a particular understanding of the publishing landscape across APAC
- Deep understanding of music publishing, copyright, licensing and challenges the industry faces today
- Experience in the tech and media sector, preferably music-related
- A highly self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to local cultural nuances and the desire to develop these skills further
- Strong analytical and numerical skills. Ability to build and explain financial models and have strong spreadsheet skills
- Ability to craft and deliver presentations at senior level
- Well organised with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail
- You enjoy working in a team and closely with a number of internal stakeholders
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.