At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favourite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love.
We are seeking to recruit an exceptional candidate to join our Partnership Licensing team. The Licensing Manager’s primary focus will be to work with internal stakeholders to ensure all teams have the correct licensing guidelines for different types of partnerships, collect and analyse data across all our live partnerships, communicate this data with key rights holders, build pitch decks to send to external rights holders and help obtain the licences required for each partnership. This is a Global role and works across multiple time zones.
The Licensing Manager is responsible for internally managing the process required from a licensing perspective to launch a successful partnership and communicating approval notices and data updates with the rights holders. The right candidate will serve as an advocate, educator and ambassador for our unique platform, while ensuring that all rights holders (including labels, collecting societies and publishers) are fairly compensated, and help with the on going growth and improvement of Spotify.
What you’ll do:
- Support licensing negotiations for all Global partner deals by analysing performance of existing deals, potential of new deals and providing key data to build arguments around
- Negotiate terms needed with key rights holders to support partner deals
- Work closely with internal teams including Business Development and Premium Subscriptions to help advise on the structure deals
- Work closely with internal teams including, legal, accounting, reporting and marketing to implement all deal terms
Who you are:
- A highly self-motivated individual with a minimum of 4 years’ experience
- Good understanding of music copyright, licensing and issues the industry faces today
- Experience in the tech and media sector, preferably music
- Good negotiating and interpersonal skills with the desire to develop these skills further
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to build and explain financial models
- Able to craft and deliver presentations at the senior level
- Well organized with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail
- Team player who will work closely with a number of internal stakeholders
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.