At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love. We’re currently in 65 markets and growing fast.
We are seeking to recruit an exceptional candidate to join our commercial licensing team to help support our growth around the world. Reporting to the Licensing Director based in London, the Licensing Manager’s primary focus will be to manage and negotiate publishing licenses across the EMEA region.
The Licensing Manager is responsible for existing and new Spotify licenses, establishing and maintaining key relationships with the relevant rights holders and closing deals in support of our EMEA markets. The right candidate will serve as an advocate, educator and ambassador for our unique platform, whilst ensuring that rights holders (including collecting societies and publishers) are fully aligned to support the ongoing growth and improvement of Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Initiate, negotiate and close key publishing deals
- Point of interface for rights holders in new and developing markets (including collecting societies and publishers)
- Account manage the deals once these are effective, analysing financial impact
- Provide support to the wider legal and licensing team on broader commercial initiatives and strategic planning
- Work cross-functionally on a daily basis with internal teams including, legal, finance, reporting and accounting to structure, negotiate and implement all deal terms
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A self-starter and independent worker with excellent commercial acumen
- Willing to travel regularly in order to engage directly, on the ground with rights holder partners
- Experience in deal structuring and negotiating
- You have a deep understanding of music copyright, licensing and issues the industry faces today
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience in the tech and media sector, preferably music
- You are a highly self motivated individual, excellent at negotiating and have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to local cultural aspects
- Very good analytical and numerical skills. You can build and explain financial models and have strong spreadsheet skills
- You are able to craft and deliver presentations at senior level
- You are well organized with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail
- You enjoy working in a team and closely with a number of internal stakeholders
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.