We are looking for a Licensing Analyst to join the band and help drive a data-first culture across Spotify. As a Licensing Analyst, your mission is to work as a back office function who can coordinate internal functions to turning data into actionable insights and provide the APAC licensing teams with analytics that help them to plan and focus external communication to make sure the royalty can delivery on time. This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking for growth and challenges, and be part of a global team in one of the fastest growing tech companies. The position is based in Taipei or Singapore .
What you’ll do
- You will understand the impact of content on Spotify, as well as the impact of Spotify on content providers, through both internal and external data analysis.
- You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on strategic licensing projects and advise stakeholders on data driven decision making
- You will work very closely with the leadership of Content, as well as partners such as record labels, publishers and non music partners
- Support external and internal reporting and payment requirements related to specific areas of responsibility and help develop/refine accounts payable accounting processes and procedures to make sure the payment will be made on time .
- Work cross functionally with Finance and various business owners on policies, processes, and help drive key accounts payable initiatives and best practices.
Who you are
- You have received your BA or BS degree
- You possess 2-4 years experience working with analysis and partner relations with domain expertise in the music industry. Strong competence to perform advanced analytics
- You demonstrate intellectual curiosity, logical thinking, and the ability to solve complex problems that may not always be well-defined
- You have the demonstrated ability to condense analysis into actionable insights to inform business decisions and influence / transform business performance; understand business models and high level strategy.
- You have experience performing analysis with large datasets, a knowledge of SQL and a high level of competence in using Excel and presentation tools such as Powerpoint
- Experience developing and monitoring accounts payable will be an advantage.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.