We are looking for a Legal Intern to #JoinTheBand. The legal intern at Spotify will support the team in drafting legal memos, conducting legal research, assisting with contract drafting and advising on product development. The intern will attend legal education sessions and participate in team meetings throughout the Spotify legal organization.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Spotify legal team by drafting legal memos and conducting legal research
- Drafting and negotiating contracts, and advising the business on a variety of transactions and product development
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with the legal and business teams to collect facts and contribute to decision making
Who you are:
- You have an undergraduate degree with excellent academic credentials and are currently a J.D. candidate
- A highly self-motivated individual
- Interest in a wide array of legal issues facing the music, technology and advertising industries
- Good negotiating and interpersonal skills with the desire to develop these skills further
- Well-organized with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail
- Team player who will work closely with a number of internal stakeholders.
The Intern Gig:
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is January 31st, 2018 at 11:59 PM, ET. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Early February, 2018 – Late February, 2018: Application Review
- Late February, 2018 – Mid March, 2018: Interviews
- March, 2018 – April/May, 2018: Offers given out
- June/July, 2018: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.