The Products and Services Legal Group supports our R&D, Premium, Ad Sales, and Marketing organizations. As Legal Counsel at Spotify you will partner with and provide guidance to our marketing function across multiple business units. Our work is cutting edge, revolutionary and always evolving so it will be up to you to continuously assess and advise the teams on legal issues using a creative and pragmatic approach.
What You’ll Do:
- Review, draft and advise our business teams on contract negotiations and review and draft various types of advertising and marketing agreements including media and advertising agencies, sponsorship, influencer, data analytics, experiential, event and social media agreements.
- Assist our marketing and PR teams on the development and execution of offline and online campaigns, on a regional and global scale.
- Improve our standard form agreements and legal processes that help us scale globally with a consistent but locally relevant approach.
- Work closely with our business teams to summarize and communicate legal concepts clearly (pro-tip: jargon-free!) and helping them synthesize legal and regulatory frameworks in developing their business strategies.
- Advise our teams on understanding legal contexts, issues and risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, and company policies and procedures.
Who You Are:
- J.D., LLM (or equivalent), with admission to at least one bar (or qualification for Registered In-house counsel in NY).
- Combined 8-10 years of relevant experience working in a law firm and in-house legal department.
- Strong working knowledge and experience working with intellectual property and legal issues relating to media, marketing, advertising, IP, privacy and digital products.
- Previous experience partnering with global stakeholders – within the legal team and working with external counsel.
- Strong track record of working with a wide range of commercial agreements.
- Have a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving and be able to effectively counsel business teams by providing pragmatic, commercial and timely advice.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.