The mission of the GreenHouse team is to enable and empower all of our band members to develop and grow faster than the world is changing. Learning & Development (L&D) is at the core of what we do, and essential for the company to stay ahead of the game. We need to learn fast and use our learning to improve, invent and re-invent. Our L&D specialists act as; trainers in our in-house development sessions; L&D partners to the business; and as project/program managers for the initiatives we drive to keep the best rock stars in our Spotify band. We know that when our people grow, Spotify grows.
Do you want to build the future of Learning and Development in Spotify?
We have an opening for a Learning & Development specialist in New York to join the GreenHouse – our L&D team. In this position, you will develop and deliver innovative projects, trainings, and onboarding programs for our R&D managers and team members(i.e. engineering, product, design), to ensure that they are ramped up quickly, and can access professional development resources to grow on an ongoing basis. Spotify is a company that changes fast and we are constantly looking for the best ways of doing things, and if that way can be both efficient and playful, we love that. You will be a part of a growing company where people are eager to learn and you will interact with stakeholders of different levels in the company, so the role requires good communication skills and the ability to be an ambassador for development and learning solutions.
What you’ll do
- Supporting R&D focused onboarding by overseeing an existing program in NY while helping to continuously reimagine this program in order to increase efficacy, so that we drive impact to relevant metrics such as time to productivity for new hires
- Continuously reviewing the data we collect to understand the impact of our work and changes that may need to be made, while also helping to identify new meaningful metrics when appropriate
- Partnering with stakeholders in the business (R&D organization) to create new and relevant learning content for both new hires and existing employees
- Identifying, engaging with, and playing an active role in different communications channels (meetings, all-hands, Workplace groups, etc) in order to represent the R&D L&D support team locally, as well as to stay abreast of organizational changes that may have implications for the service and offerings that we deliver
- Advising R&D stakeholders on best practices in learning content design and delivery and collaborate with other R&D L&D team members to build, launch, and test blended learning approaches for onboarding and other programs
- Contribute to other GreenHouse team projects as needed
Who you are
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (HR, Learning/education, psychology..)
- You have several years of work experience from the HR field, and have some relevant experience working with L&D
- You have experience working with and advising stakeholders in the business across different levels (management and individual contributors)
- You have a passion for collaborating with and supporting software development and technical teams in particular
- You have a passion for knowledge sharing, psychology, learning design and people development
- You are good at managing projects, from start to end.
- You are self-starter that can work independently but values collaboration as well
- You possess good communication skills and can talk to stakeholders in the business
- You have a strategic mindset when planning learning outcomes and a practical attitude when it comes to learning solutions
- You like to work in a changing and high pace environment with great colleagues
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.