We, the folks who drive Spotify listening experiences, are looking for a lead machine learning engineer. We deliver many of Spotify’s flagship and most popular features like Discover Weekly, Radio, and Daily Mix and love to find new ways to delight our users through state-of-the-art recommendation at scale while continuing to learn and grow ourselves.
What you’ll do
- Help give hands-on technical leadership to one of Spotify’s most distinguishing feature areas — personalized listening experiences.
- Drive collaboration with other engineers, product managers, and designers across our team to make it easier to deliver best-in-class ML-powered listening experiences through shared platforms, tools, and approaches building on our use of Scala/Java and the GCP ecosystem
- Be a leading voice in an active community of machine learning practitioners across Spotify
- Improve our features through the usage of offline and online tests
- Develop individually to continue to grow your impact
Who you are
- You have Ph.D.-level expertise and excitement about machine learning, including deep familiarity with the state-of-the-art as reflected in research at conferences like RecSys, ICML, and NIPS and in practice at other leading internet companies
- You have 7+ years of professional engineering experience working in a product-driven environment with technologies like Scala, Java, Python, or C++ and GCP or AWS.
- You have 4+ years of personalization-focused machine learning product development experience, leveraging large scale data with broad impact using technologies like TensorFlow or XGBoost.
- You care about agile software development and a culture of constant learning and improvement
- You have experience and passion for mentoring and encouraging collaborative teams.
- You love your customers even more than your code
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens.